WHAT IS THE TRIFECTA?
The Trifecta is a new event on the New Zealand fishing calendar. The Trifecta is staged on NZ's fishing mecca of the Eastern Coromandel, and hosted at Tairua Fishing Club by Carl Muir Fishing and Zoned In Ltd. The emphasis is on a social occassion that celebrates three awesome spring fish - hapuku, kingfish and snapper. We hope you can all make it along for the first ever 'Trifecta'!
KEY TIMES AND DATES
Entry Cut Off: 20 September (or earlier if tickets sell out)
Briefing night: From 4pm Friday 22 Sept (Live Music and Cooking Demos)
(all entrants must be at breifing by 8pm)
Start Fishing: 4am Saturday 23 Sept
Stop Fishing: 5pm Saturday 23 Sept
Weigh station closes: Must be in line before 6pm Saturday 23 Sept
(Filleting and cooking demos, smoker on hand at weigh in)
Prizegiving: From 7pm Saturday 23 Sept (Live Band and Prizes)
Great Barrier Island to Motiti including Cuvier, Mercury Islands, Aldermen Islands and Mayor Island
Launch from Tairua, Whitianga, Kuaotunu, Cooks, Whangamata, Tauranga
(Contingency Note: Tairua bar will be closed if the harbourmaster has a caution warning. In the event the East Coast is not fishable, the Firth of Thames will be opened up and species changed. This event will take place regardless of forecast and all prizes will be given out.)
PRIZES AND CATEGORIES
Release of kingfish and snapper is encouraged but not mandatory.
Hapuku weight does not count towards Trifecta.
Kingfish (measure) 1st 2nd 3rd in 4 categories (Male, Female, 10 and under, 11 to 16)
Snapper (measure) 1st 2nd 3rd in 4 categories (Male, Female, 10 and under, 11 to 16)
Hapuku (weigh) 1st 2nd 3rd in 4 categories (Male, Female, 10 and under, 11 to 16)
TRIFECTA - TEAM (Points) 1st 2nd 3rd
5 longest snapper + 3 longest kingfish + 100pts for puka (max of 3) MULTIPLIED BY SPECIES CAUGHT
TRIFECTA - ANGLER1st 2nd 3rd
2 longest snapper + longest kingfish + 100pts for a puka (max of 1) - MULTIPLIED BY SPECIES CAUGHT
THE TRIFECTA ENTRY FORM
Please complete all of the details below and press Send
On reciept of your entry form we will email the team captain with a team number, an invoice, bank account and reference for payment of the $100 per angler entry fee.
ENTRIES ARE LIMITED.....SO FIRST IN, FIRST SERVED!
WE'VE GOT LOADS OF COOL PRIZES THANKS TO OUR AMAZING SPONSORS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE TRIFECTA
The 'organiser' is "Zoned In Ltd"
The 'entrant' is anyone entering as an angler in the Trifecta
The 'team captain' is the nominated team captain for each team
The 'event' is The Trifecta fishing event being held at the Tairua Fishing Club 22 and 23 Sept 2017
1. The organiser is organising a social event at the Tairua Fishing Club. This includes entertainment, prizes and the weighing and judging of fish caught on 23 Sept. The organiser takes no responsibility for the safety of entrants on the water.
2. The team captain is the person responsible for their own safety, the safety of their entrants and anyone on their vessel.
3. The organiser strongly recommends every vessel entering has the appropriate safety gear including but not limited to EPIRB, VHF radio, lifejackets, flares, fire extinguisher and a Coastguard call sign
4. The organiser reserves the right to change the rules of the competition prior to briefing night
5. The organiser reserves the right to change the fishing boundaries prior to briefing night
6. All entrants must attend the briefing night on 22 Sept
7. All entrants must attend the prizegiving on 23 Sept. Prize winners must attend the prizegiving to claim their prize, or the prize will be drawn.
8. All entrants agree that their details and photos and any video footage of them can be used in perpetuity by the organiser
9. The judges decision on winners is final. No correspondence will be entered in to.
10. The event will take place regardless of weather conditions. All prizes will be drawn if no fish are caught or if no fishing takes place. Fishing areas may change if adverse weather conditions are forecast. This decision will be made assuming entrants are fishing in a 7m+ pontoon boat. Team captains should make their own decision on where to fish within the competition boundaries, based on their assessment of the conditions.
11. All team members and entrants agree to abide by the rules set out as advised on briefing night
12. The organiser reserves the right to change any categories and prizes prior to the breifing night
13. All entrants must abide by Ministry of Primary Industries fisheries rules
14. All entrants must use the tournament mat to measure their fish
15. The team captain is responsible to ensure his or her boat adheres to all maritime and local council rules and bylaws relevant.
16. All fish must be caught using IGFA and NZBGFC rules and bylaws. Exceptions: Braid to 60kg is allowed. Assist hooks are allowed on jigs. Treble hooks are allowed on stickbaits.
17. All event organizers decision is final.
18. All team captains are responsible for passing on information to crew.
19 All entrants agree and accept :
-To enter this tournament at their own risk.
-Not to hold any tournament organizer, official, sponsor or any other person involved with this tournament responsible for any loss or injury to person or equipment incurred during this tournament.
-Not withstanding any representations made it shall be the responsibility of all entrants to ensure that the provisions of all statutes ordinances are complied with.
-The above signed team Captain agrees to have read and understood the tournament rules.